2006年2月6日

Road Test Experience

I went to Arden Hills to take my road test on Friday. The place is at Country Road I Exit on 35W highway. After exiting, take a right turn immediately.

I was lucky because I did not make reservation but not wait very long. Here are some tips for people want to take road test in Arden Hills.

1. The line on the ground is not clear, and the road width is also ambiguous, I think because real road has shoulder, but none there. So make sure you turn in to right lane when make a turn.

2. Just stop at the intersection with stop sign. If there is no stop sign, just slow down and make a turn, no need to stop completely.

3. Look over shoulder to check traffic.

4. Park the car at around 12" to the road side.

5. Be nice to the judge.

There are there skill parts of the test. Parallel parking, backward parking, and downhill/uphill parking. Then just driving around the court to see if you understand the rules.

When arriving Arden Hills, you drive to "Report to a road test". In the drive thru path, you hand in your documents, ID, yellow sheet, car insurance document or car rental document, driving permit or international driving licence. Then wait them dispatch a judge for you. The place you start your test is located at star sign in the following map. Then 20 minutes later, you will know whether you have to go there again or not.


This is not an official map, just based on my experience to draw this, hope could help people want to take test there.

1 則留言:

Felicia 提到...

May I ask if the judge tried to trick you at all? Something like asking you to go the other way in the one-way road?

Also, are there a lot of cars driving around on the track?

I've taken two road tests in Rochester, the test is on the actual roads. I failed both of them so I am wondering if closed-course test is going to be easier. Thanks.